Friday, October 24, 2008

Voting

I officially mailed in my Absentee Ballot today, after waiting impatiently for several weeks for it to show up here in my mailbox. However, one of the best parts of voting is getting the "I Voted" sticker (I'm not sure I want to think about what that says of my maturity level), and I obviously didn't get one here in Italy, so I thought I would give one to myself. Here it is, the prized sticker:


The election has been front and center in people's thoughts here. Our teachers are using it at every excuse to share American view points with Italians, and for Italians to share their opinions of America with us. Lots of cultural sharing happening. We're also organizing an election watching party, one of many here in the American-saturated city of Florence. And, many thanks to the time difference, we will be up till at least 2:30 in the morning (5:30 pm pacific time) to watch elections, maybe later. Anyway, fingers crossed for November 4th!

No comments: